My Hall Update (Horizontal Stripes)

Goodmorning everyone! I am very happy that the "hall project" which we discussed here is finally over. It took me several hours of hard work and effort (and almost tears), but I finally did it! It was all worth it! And the winner of the inspiration photos is..... STRIPES!!! Big Horizontal Stripes! Yes baby, I looooove it! Well see it for yourself how from this....








turned into this....




Much better ha? Brighter + interesting + fun!




 I prepared a tutorial for your guys on how to achieve this look.


a. First I had to remove the wallpaper of the wall, which wasn't an easy thing at all. I had to wet all the surfase with hot water and then peel it off little by little, so that no part of the wall would come off. Then remove very carefully the mirrors...


this is what was left when I was done with the wallpaper...


b. Then I prepped the walls. I washed them with water and a mild soap in order to remove any glue might be left. I then painted them (just one quick coat) with the same existing colour. Then I marked the spots where the tape should be placed with the help of a ruler and a pencil. At this point you should know how wide your stripes want them to be. I made mine at 18cm. each and it gave me at total seven stripes. This is where you ought to be extremely careful so that your stripes will be absolutely straight and of equal height. I also marked with an "X" the areas to be painted, in order to avoid any mistakes on the way...


And there you have it!




Isn't it georgious?


This is what you see as you walk into my house from the front door.
Hmmm. something's missing though...


maybe adding a mirror... aaaah much better now!
(I should do something with this wing chair though. I don't like it the way it is now.
Maybe put a leather on it... maybe next project?)








Not an easy project I'm telling you, but I really really enjoy it now!


xoxo
Olga




Sharing this post with these link parties. Check them out for a ton of crafts and projects!

0 comments:

Post a Comment